Report an incident

To report a pollution incident involving your vessel, you should contact the National Response Center.

report a spillThe National Response Center (NRC) is the sole federal point of contact for reporting oil and chemical spills.

To report a spill, contact the NRC via their toll-free number +1 800-424-8802 or complete an online spill-report form at The NRC website contains additional information on reporting requirements and procedures.

For those without 800 access, please contact them at +1 202-267-2675. The NRC operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

We hope this is a helpful general guide for you and your shipmates to protect the environment while promoting a safe and efficient workplace. Remember, the actions of you and your fellow crew members can have a lasting impact—it’s critical that communication on board is clear and constant.

To contact the Center for Seafarers’ Rights, please email us at [email protected] or call +1 973-589-5828.