–Disposal of Garbage
- Don’t allow plastics or packing materials to go overboard.
- Don’t throw anything overboard on your own. All discharges must be approved by officers and properly logged.
- Don’t discharge non-food/non-plastic garbage larger than 25 millimeters within 12 nautical miles of shore or within a Special Area.
- Don’t discharge food waste smaller than 25 millimeters within 3 nautical miles of shore outside Special Areas, or within 12 miles of shore inside Special Areas.
- Don’t discharge food larger than 25 millimeters within 12 nautical miles of shore anywhere.
- Use port facilities for garbage and recyclables.
- Follow ship procedures for separating plastics, recyclables and other garbage types.
- Dispose of excess packaging before bringing items aboard ship.